Tuesday, July 1, 2014

NEW MONTH, MORE OF THE SAME

Rosie and her cousin, Max, surfing down at South Beach
Katama, MA

For some reason, I have an almost child-like appreciation for summer this year.  June was amazing.  As July rolls in, I can only hope for more of the same.  Maybe it's because my girls are at such an insanely fun age (7 and 9) and I am having a ball with them on a daily basis.  Maybe it's because these are the last few months of my 30s and I'm milking them for all they're worth. (tic tock)  Maybe it's because I'm still scarred from the horrendous winter we just got through and so these warm and sunny days are that much more delicious.  Maybe it's all of these things.  It doesn't matter.  I'm loving it.  And I'm hoping the magic will continue to hold through July and the rest of the summer.  My list of 'to-do's for this month is short, sweet and wonderfully simple.  Just like the season itself.  Happy July everyone.  God Bless America...and summer.

Grace's summer feet
(may they look like this every day)

JULY TO-DOs
~ Play more soccer, SPUD, kickball, freeze tag and capture the flag with my kids, nieces and nephews.
~ Eat more ice cream.
~ Run more miles without a watch.
~ Take more naps.
~ Listen to more music.
~ Read more books.
~ Drive less.
~ Walk, skip, jump, bike, swim, hike, kayak more.
~ Be barefoot as much as possible.
~ Celebrate the birth of our nation.
~ Spend as much time as possible with my kids....did I mention the ice cream?


JULY MUSIC OF THE MONTH
SONG:
Play It Right - Sylvan Esso  


ALBUM:
So Long, See You Tomorrow - Bombay Bicycle Club



Song Sampler
1. Overdone  
2. It's Alright Now  
3. Carry Me  
4. Home By Now  

No comments:

Post a Comment