Tuesday, September 2, 2014

4 DOWN, 2 TO GO

Don't stop, no, I'll never give up
And I'll never look back, just hold your head up
And if it gets rough, it's time to get rough
~ Haim, 'Falling'


DATE: 8/31
TIME: 7:30 AM
TEMP: 76℉
DEWPOINT: Pea soup
WORKOUT: 21 Miles

BREAKDOWN IN #s
1 - 3am wakeup with the new puppy (brutal)
1 - double cappuccino
2 - pieces of toast with honey
1 - Lemonade NUUN
1 - pre-run pep talk w/ myself
4 - miles with my dear friend Melissa S. (bless her)
1 - angry hand gesture from a driver to move out of her way
4 - water stops
1 - bathroom stop
2 - GUs
1 - high five from a kid in stroller (awesome)
1 - slight drop in humidity (good)
1 -  break in the clouds (not good)
1 - near run in with a cyclist (stressful)
1 - hairy eyeball from a resident in a private neighborhood
(my bad, but I needed the miles)
more hills than anyone should have to deal with
1 - sunburned shoulder
1 - wrong turn
17 - miles solo
39 - songs
 2 hours 54 minutes...
... & a partridge in a pear tree


TOTAL LONG RUNS (18+): 6
4 down, 2 to go

Listen to this:
Miracle - Ghost Beach  

2 comments:

  1. Puppies are fun aren't they. My dog who just turned 1 ( still acts like he did when we first bought him) some dogs never change. I love your blog as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun, cute and....exhausting!!! Worth it, though. Thanks for the nice note. Glad to hear you dig the blog. Make's it worth doing.

      Delete