Friday, December 26, 2014

SOUNDTRACK OF 2014

Thank you
For listening again
Or for the first time
Or for the last time
We share this moment
And I am greatful for this
~ AWOLNATION, 'People'

Every year I hear myself saying I can't BELIEVE another year has gone by and this one is no different.  Not to sound cliché, but time flies.  It just does.  For me, 2014 was pretty incredible.  It was also happy, sad, good, bad, strange, awesome, hilarious and so much more.  Here's a peak at some of the highlights from my year, together with the music that has inspired me along the way.  It's been a wild and crazy ride.  Thanks for sharing it with me.  Here's to another incredible year; for all of us.  Rock on and HAPPY 2015!

RWM: 2014

JANUARY
ALBUM: Wildewoman - Lucius

FEBRUARY
LORD HURON @ the Royale Boston
w/ KH & MEF
ALBUM: Chiaroscuro - I Break Horses
SONG: Tourists - Bright Moments

MARCH
OISELLE TEAM MEETUP
Virginia Beach, VA
ALBUM: Voices - Phantogram
SONG: Coattails - Broods

APRIL
w/ the Oiselle Team & Friends
ALBUM: Sweet Dissaray - Dan Kroll
SONG: Water Fountain  - Tune-Yards

MAY
DAVID WAX MUSEUM @ the Royale in Boston
w/ David Wax & Suz Slezak
ALBUM: Distraction - Bear Hands
SONG: Move - Pacific Air

JUNE
LHS STATE MEET w/ the D-Squad
ALBUM: I Never Learn - Lykke Li 
SONG: Start Again  - Bishop Allen

JULY
SUMMER
Holderness, NH
ALBUM: So Long, See You Tomorrow - Bombay Bicycle Club
SONG: Play It Right  - Sylvan Esso

AUGUST
OISELLE BIRD CAMP
Bend, OR
ALBUM: Strange Desire - Bleachers
SONG: The House - Air Traffic Controller

SEPTEMBER
NH Reach the Beach Relay w/ NH State Parks Team
Franconia, NH -> Hampton Beach, NH
ALBUM: Lights Out - Bishop Allen
SONG: Beggin' for Thread - Banks

OCTOBER
Albany, NY
ALBUM: You Haunt Me - Sir Sly
SONG: L.A.F. - Broods

NOVEMBER
D1 Champs
Wrenthem, MA
ALBUM: Listen - The Kooks
SONG: Level - Far East Movement

DECEMBER
w/ Jess C. (my birdsista) after the Jingle Ball 5K
Winchester, MA
ALBUM: Too Bright - Perfume Genius
SONG: Dead Air - CHVRCHES

And listen to this:
Electric Love - BØRNS  (I can't wait to hear more from this band in 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment