Sunday, January 18, 2015

THE 35 of '14


Today I'm psyched to hand the reigns over to my friend and fellow runner/mother/music lover, Nicole Mare Devine.  Not only has Nicole made several contributions to RWM, but she always keeps me in her music loop which is consistently rich in color, texture and flavor.  She recently reached out and asked me if I'd posted a BEST OF 2014 music list, as she was curious what my favorites had been for the year.  I pointed her toward my Soundtrack of 2014 post, which highlights my monthly picks for both songs and albums.  Naturally, I wanted to know what her selections were for the year and asked her if she'd be willing to share.  Unsurprisingly, she had a long list of 'go-to's, Lana Del Ray and BANKS being her clear favorites.  Knowing full well that she is the playlist master and makes one for just about any occasion, I requested that she put one together so we could have more to chew on as we start off the new year.  Thankfully, she was happy to oblige.  If you read this blog or follow the music selections on a regular basis, you'll notice that there is quite a bit of crossover (ie. Sir Sly, Dan Croll, & ).  This is because a) we have very similar taste in music and b) I often use her suggestions for my daily songs.  But, that said, she definitely has a style all her own and I happen to really dig it.  I think you will, too.  In her own words:

As a huge fan of music and consistent playlist creator, I'll listen to almost anything at least once, always trying to keep my lists as enjoyable and fresh for myself as time will allow. I also try my best to build a list of my favorite songs that were released as either singles or on albums during each particular year. My friend Rebecca has given me the privelege of sharing some of my 2014 favorites here with you on her site today. The list is a bit wide ranging in genres, but it definitely sums up my year in review of music. I hope you'll find something unexpectedly "new for you" on here that catches your ear, and maybe will end up on a list of yours as well!

by Nicole Devine

Broken Bells – After the Disco
St. Vincent – Digital Witness
Painted Palms – Spinning Signs
Ernest Ellis – Shine Like Me
Mr Little Jeans – Good Mistake
MØ – The Sea
Snowmine – Rome
Lana Del Rey – West Coast - Rob Orton Mix
SOHN – Artifice
Ed Sheeran Sing
Last of the Light Brigade Stimulator
Martin Solveig – Blow - Radio Edit
Mac Demarco – Salad Days
Caribou – Can't Do Without You
Banks – Beggin For Thread
Jack White – Lazaretto
Interpol – All The Rage Back Home
The War On Drugs – Red Eyes
Spoon – Outlier
Foo Fighters – Something From Nothing
TV On The Radio – Happy Idiot
Sir Sly – Gold
Iggy Azalea – Fancy
Saint Motel – My Type
Benjamin Booker – Always Waiting
Bear In Heaven – Autumn
Oliver $ – Pushing On
Shakey Graves – The Perfect Parts
Kiesza – Hideaway
Clean Bandit – Rather Be (feat. Jess Glynne)
Ariana Grande – Problem
Dan Croll – From Nowhere
Jungle – Time
Route 94 – My Love
Vance Joy – Riptide
&
Listen to this: (Nicole's Favorite)
West Coast - Lana Del Ray - Rob Orton Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment